The year 2016 was an eventful one for home building.
11 Ways Manufacturer Web sites Can Cater to Builders’ Needs
Most manufacturer sites are too product-oriented. Here are Glenn Singer's suggestions for improvement.
Recently, I’ve been reviewing building product manufacturer Web sites and have concluded that the vast majority of these sites are too product-oriented. Most sites do a great job of conveying product and technical information, but they’re not builder-friendly. I urge manufacturers to cater to builders’ needs by offering the following information on their Web sites:
- 1. Product information geared toward builders’ needs and wants
- 2. Installation instructions, including videos of installation training for products
- Detailed warranty information
- Scopes of work that pertain to the products
- Up-to-date marketing support/materials
- Training for builders’ sales professionals
- Details of rebate programs
- A geographical list of distributors
- Code compliance information
- Continuing education courses
- Market research findings
Read more blog posts by Glenn Singer here.