Technology has become integrated into our homes with devices such as networked doorbells, smart thermostats, and wireless light bulbs.
5 Great Green Building Examples
These homes, chosen by Professional Builder magazine editors, showcase simple ways you can build green.
Building green isn't as hard as you might think. Click on the headline links below to view the showcased projects, chosen by our editors, that feature multiple ways you can build better and build green. Read on! NOTE: Link to each example is from the headline.
- The Hot Seller in Silicon Valley - In this San Jose, Calif. community, solar photovolatic (PV) roof modules come standard.
- Prefab-ulous Green - Here's an example of how modular homes can be a green way to build.
- Project Proves Net-Zero is Attainable - All of the homes in this Roswell, Ga. community are designed to be net-zero.
- Green Builders Lives up to Its Name - An array of energy-efficient features add up to green in this community.
- ICFs Seal this Home for Energy Efficiency - Construction methods, including the use of insulated concrete forms, make this home extra energy efficient.