The 2017 International Builders’ Show (IBS) marks my 26th consecutive year of attendance.
55+ housing market more positive about multi-family rentals
Builders in the 55+ housing market are significantly more optimistic about production and demand for multi-family rental units than they are for sales of single-family homes or multi-family condos.
housing market, 55-plus market, multi-famly, rental, multi-family rental
Builders in the 55+ housing market are significantly more optimistic about production and demand for multi-family rental units than they are for sales of single-family homes or multi-family condos, according to the latest 55+ Housing Market Indices that are compiled quarterly by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), featured on NAHB’s blog.
All of the components measuring production and demand for 55+ multifamily rental units increased significantly in the second quarter of 2011 compared to the same period a year ago.
In comparison, the 55+ Housing Market Indices for single-family units and multi-family condos were largely unchanged with increases from 12 to 13 and from 7 to 8, respectively.
For more information: www.nahb.org/news_details.aspx?newsID=13209
More like this
- Builder confidence in 55+ market rises across all components
- Data: builder confidence in 55+ market down slightly
- Builder confidence in the 55+ housing market continues to improve in third quarter
- Builder confidence in 55+ housing market shows positive signs
- Builder confidence in 55+ housing market shows significant improvement