The 2017 International Builders’ Show (IBS) marks my 26th consecutive year of attendance.
California Building Standards Commission adopts 2013 code update
The California Building Standards Commission adopted the new 2013 state standards code that includes new energy code provisions, accessibility standards, green building, and water use modifications.
The California Building Standards Commission adopted the new 2013 state standards code that includes new energy code provisions, accessibility standards, green building and water use modifications. The 2013 code includes:
- An extensive update of California’s Energy Code
- Division of the State Architect’s adoption of the 2010 Americans with Disabilities Act standards with California amendments
- Updated California Green Building Code—CALGreen—requirements for nonresidential building alterations and additions
- New plumbing code provisions pertaining to graywater and rainwater catchments
More like this
- Santa Monica, Calif., Will Become First City To Require Net-Zero On All New Single-Family Homes
- Guides to wood construction in high wind areas updated
- California Energy Commission launches code upgrade process
- Net-Zero Homes Gaining Traction
- British Columbia’s new building code aims for improved energy efficiency