The 2017 International Builders’ Show (IBS) marks my 26th consecutive year of attendance.
California commission moves to exempt solar power storage for extra fees
Solar battery systems would be treated as net-metered solar systems under the proposed decision
The California Public Utilities Commission issued a proposed decision that would exempt most solar storage projects from extra utility fees and interconnection studies. The decision would require utilities to treat solar battery systems as net-metered solar systems, as long as they meet certain requirements. Systems larger than 10 kilowatts will need a separate meter for measuring the interchange of power between batteries and solar generation.
More like this
- Debate over net metering for rooftop PVs moves to Colorado
- Industry Groups Call Nevada’s New Solar Tariff Structure Destructive
- Net-metering case goes to Ohio Supreme Court
- Distributed solar offers benefits to all ratepayers, according to new studies
- Indiana bill would make solar less attractive to homeowners