The 2017 International Builders’ Show (IBS) marks my 26th consecutive year of attendance.
Energy efficiency could soon spur changes in mortgage lending practices
Three recent studies that address the advantages of energy efficiency on home ownership could have a significant impact on the way buyers finance home purchases.
Three recent studies that address the advantages of energy efficiency on home ownership could have a significant impact on the way buyers finance home purchases. The studies point to a convergence among thought leaders in the financial, energy, and homebuilding industries, and may provide needed momentum for efforts to change mortgage lending practices to include energy-related improvements. This activity could lead to federal legislation that will institutionalize energy-efficient mortgages.
More like this
- Market Update: PB April 2013
- 2011 NHQ Awards: High-Quality Green: Wathen-Castanos? Recession-Busting Strategy
- 10 steps to adopting Lean building
- NRDC sues federal housing regulators for blocking clean energy projects for homeowners
- Owners of energy-efficient homes less likely to default on mortgages