The beloved architectural style known as Craftsman has undeniably British roots, yet it’s unmistakably American, from Oregon to Alabama to Illinois. Might that explain its enduring appeal?
Fire prompts El Paso to consider building code upgrades
El Paso, Texas city officials called for building code upgrades after a historic 130-year-old downtown building burned to the ground.
El Paso, Texas city officials called for building code upgrades after a historic 130-year-old downtown building burned to the ground. One action may be the establishment of an adaptive re-use standard that would allow building owners to bring their properties up to code in stages.
More like this
- Code failures cited in controversial decision to demolish University of Maryland president?s home
- Longview, Texas, may update codes to avoid higher homeowner insurance premiums
- California contractor may face criminal charges after worker killed in mud avalanche
- Prefab building with salvaged materials? a greener way to home building
- OSHA investigates roofer?s fall from New Jersey house