The 2017 International Builders’ Show (IBS) marks my 26th consecutive year of attendance.
Fitch Ratings downgrades Pulte
Fitch Ratings has downgraded PulteGroup’s issuer default (IDR) and senior unsecured ratings from BB+ to BB.
pulte, builders, home builders
Fitch Ratings has downgraded PulteGroup’s issuer default (IDR) and senior unsecured ratings from BB+ to BB, according to MarketWatch. The outlook has been revised to negative from stable.
The downgrade in the PHM ratings and change in outlook reflect the still very challenging U.S. housing market. PHM's underperformance relative to its peers in certain operational and financial categories penalizes the ratings and influences the outlook.
Macroeconomic housing statistics (new and existing home sales, single-family housing starts) generally remained weak and disappointing through June and July. However, there was a seasonal pick-up in the spring orders compared to the winter. The public builders reported clear improvement in traffic during the spring selling season. New home prices so far this year are relatively stable.
For more information: www.marketwatch.com/story/fitch-downgrades-pultegroup-idr-to-bb-outlook-...
More like this
- Fitch downgrades ratings for several homebuilders
- PulteGroup partners with Fiberweb to use TYPAR Weather Protection Sysetm exclusively
- Disagreement Between PulteGroup’s Founder And CEO Goes Public
- Drama Continues For PulteGroup As The Company’s Founder Makes Another Plea For Immediate Removal of CEO
- PulteGroup Launches “Built to Honor” to Recognize, Thank Nation’s Veterans