The 2017 International Builders’ Show (IBS) marks my 26th consecutive year of attendance.
Google, SunPower to create $250 million fund to finance residential solar projects
Joint venture will purchase solar panels and lease them at reduced cost
Google and SunPower Corp. will create a $250 million fund designed to finance residential solar power rooftops across the country. The companies will purchase solar panels and lease them for a cost they say is “typically lower than [the] normal electricity bill.” SunPower committed $150 million, and Google is contributing $100 million to the fund.
More like this
- Connecticut’s solar power fund boosts installation of PVs on homes statewide
- U.S. residential PV installations rose 60 percent in 2013
- New York City residents part of ‘clean virtual power plant’ experiment
- Student loan debt will stop 414,000 from buying houses this year
- Patagonia Creates Fund For Residential Solar Panel installations Across Eight States