Could some of the most in-demand housing markets be cooling off?
Marvin unveils winners in 2012 myMarvin Architect’s Challenge
Marvin announced the winners of its fourth annual myMarvin Architect’s Challenge last week, selecting eight design projects from across the U.S. and one in Ireland.
Marvin, myMarvin Architect's Challenge, 2012, winners, nine, projects
Marvin announced the winners of its fourth annual myMarvin Architect’s Challenge last week, selecting eight design projects from across the U.S. and one in Ireland. Winners were chosen based on solution-driven design, classical beauty, innovative use of windows, and sustainability.
“The combination of creativity and solution-driven design we see in the winning projects is breathtaking,” said Christine Marvin, marketing director for Marvin Windows and Doors. “In today’s architecture, windows and doors play an increasingly important role in structure, aesthetics and overall building performance. That’s why we’re so pleased to see the variety of ways in which high-quality Marvin products contributed to these winning designs.”
The nine winners in the 2012 myMarvin Architect’s Challenge are:
- Donald Giambastiani, Solomon+Bauer+Giambastiani Architects, Watertown, Mass.
Winning project: Family Retreat, Tyringham, Mass.
- James Estes, Estes/Twombly Architects, Newport, R.I.
Winning project: Block Island House, Block Island, R.I.
- Eric Gartner, SPG Architects, New York
Winning project: Leicester House, Asheville, N.C.
- Jon Hensley and Sunny Carroll, Jon Hensley Architects, Arlington, Va.
Winning project: Utah Street Residence, Arlington, Va.
- Catherine M. Knight, AIA, Knight Architects, Princeton, N.J.
Winning project: Neoclassical Residence, Princeton Borough, N.J.
- Todd Hansen, Albertsson Hansen Architecture, Minneapolis
Winning project: North Woods Lake Home, Grand Rapids, Minn.
- A.A. (Kacey) Jurgens, THA Architecture, Portland, Ore.
Winning project: Russell T. Joy Building, University of Washington, Tacoma, Wash.
- Patrick Lennon, County Wicklow, Ireland
Winning project: Tynte Park Lodge, County Wicklow, Ireland
- Paul Bedford, Keystone Associates, Binghamton, N.Y.
Winning project: Worcester Central School District Addition and Renovations, Worcester, N.Y.
To see a full profile and photos of all of the winners, click here.