The 2017 International Builders’ Show (IBS) marks my 26th consecutive year of attendance.
Mortgage rates hit record low; under 4 percent
Fixed rate mortgages drop to 3.94 percent
For the first time ever, the fixed rate on a 30-year mortgage has dropped below 4 percent.
The average rate of 3.94 percent dropped from 4.01 percent last week, Fannie Mae reported today. Rates on 15-year mortgages averaged 3.26 percent.
30-year fixed rates have been below 5 percent for all but two weeks this year, but have had little impact on home sales.
More like this
- Lean design for home builders? a primer
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low Despite Sharp Jump Since Election
- Pulte's Richard Dugas: 'The curse of our land position is going to be the blessing for the future'
- 35 moneymaking ideas for 2011
- 2011 NHQ Awards: High-Quality Green: Wathen-Castanos? Recession-Busting Strategy