The 2017 International Builders’ Show (IBS) marks my 26th consecutive year of attendance.
New jobs added, unemployment rate falls
The New York Times reports that 288,000 jobs were added in June, above the rates recorded in the first five months of 2014. According to the Department of Labor, this led the unemployment rate to fall 0.2 percent to 6.1 percent of the total population – the lowest it’s been since September 2008.
More like this
- Unemployment Rates Are Falling in Many Cities. How Does Yours Fare?
- The Confidence That Latinos Have In Their Personal Finances Is Growing
- Falling Oil Prices Have Had A Negative Effect On Some Of The Country’s Job Markets
- U.S. construction spending hits highest level since 2008
- Unemployment of Construction Workers Continues to Decrease