The 2017 International Builders’ Show (IBS) marks my 26th consecutive year of attendance.
Reasons to be optimistic about the housing market
The annualized rate of new single-family home construction in January 2013. This number is up 20 percent from a year earlier. It also is the highest level of new-home construction since July 2008.
More like this
- Housing starts down on typical multifamily volatility; permits hit four-year high
- Fed’s move leads to spike in mortgage refinances
- The U.S. Has No Housing for Families Living Below Poverty Line
- Toll Brothers: Profit jumped on revenue, tax benefit
- Report: Bring private money back to mortgage industry