The beloved architectural style known as Craftsman has undeniably British roots, yet it’s unmistakably American, from Oregon to Alabama to Illinois. Might that explain its enduring appeal?
Reasons to be optimistic about the housing market
The annualized rate of new single-family home construction in January 2013. This number is up 20 percent from a year earlier. It also is the highest level of new-home construction since July 2008.
More like this
- Housing starts down on typical multifamily volatility; permits hit four-year high
- Fed’s move leads to spike in mortgage refinances
- The U.S. Has No Housing for Families Living Below Poverty Line
- Toll Brothers: Profit jumped on revenue, tax benefit
- Report: Bring private money back to mortgage industry