The 2017 International Builders’ Show (IBS) marks my 26th consecutive year of attendance.
Obama’s climate resilience panel says PVs, cool roofs should be part of solution
Other focuses include disaster recovery, infrastructure upgrades and renewable energy projects
The Task Force on Climate Preparedness and Resilience appointed by President Barack Obama convened in Los Angeles to discuss with local governments possible solutions to mitigate global warming. Among the suggestions were rooftop solar energy systems and cool roofs, which could be encouraged by policies from local governments, said Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti. The talks also seek to offer the assistance of the federal government for disaster recovery, infrastructure upgrades, and renewable energy projects in cities and states.
More like this
- Despite growing prevalence of rooftop PVs, MLS usually doesn’t include solar power information
- New building code in Palo Alto, Calif., requires buildings to accommodate PVs, greywater irrigation
- Prairie View A&M Team Wins DOE Design Competition
- NRDC sues federal housing regulators for blocking clean energy projects for homeowners
- White House Pushes For Better Finance Strategies For Disaster Mitigation And Resilience