In the beginning of the classic 1989 film, Back to the Future: Part II, 17-year-old protagonist Marty McFly travels 30 years into the future to visit his grownup self in the year 2015.
Obama administration to detail housing plan today
HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan will conduct a briefing today on plan to help homeowners
The White House has announced that both President Obama and Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan will be speaking this afternoon on "President Obama's plan to help responsible homeowners."
(CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON TODAY'S ANNOUNCEMENT.)
They're expected to flesh out some of the ideas presented by President Obama in last week's State of the Union.
Among the expected parts of the plan:
- Expansion of HARP to allow more underwater homeowners to refinance
- Refi plans for FHA borrowers
- Funding for an expanded REO-to-rental programs
- A "code of conduct" for mortgage servicers
More like this
- New HUD policy to fight housing discrimination against gays
- HUD’s Donovan: Congress needs to act to restore housing market
- Obama’s job-creation bill includes $15 billion for rehabilitation of vacant, foreclosed homes
- 10 reasons why homeownership trumps renting
- Geithner: Refinancing plan coming in 'next few weeks'