The 2017 International Builders’ Show (IBS) marks my 26th consecutive year of attendance.
Obama administration to detail housing plan today
HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan will conduct a briefing today on plan to help homeowners
The White House has announced that both President Obama and Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan will be speaking this afternoon on "President Obama's plan to help responsible homeowners."
(CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON TODAY'S ANNOUNCEMENT.)
They're expected to flesh out some of the ideas presented by President Obama in last week's State of the Union.
Among the expected parts of the plan:
- Expansion of HARP to allow more underwater homeowners to refinance
- Refi plans for FHA borrowers
- Funding for an expanded REO-to-rental programs
- A "code of conduct" for mortgage servicers
More like this
- HUD’s Donovan: Congress needs to act to restore housing market
- Obama’s job-creation bill includes $15 billion for rehabilitation of vacant, foreclosed homes
- New HUD policy to fight housing discrimination against gays
- HUD Looks to Deliver $2 Billion in Recovery Act Funding to Markets Hit by Foreclosure
- 10 reasons why homeownership trumps renting