The beloved architectural style known as Craftsman has undeniably British roots, yet it’s unmistakably American, from Oregon to Alabama to Illinois. Might that explain its enduring appeal?
OSHA enforcing new fall hazard standards
OSHA is enforcing its new fall protection standards, as evidenced by a recent crackdown in New York.
OSHA is enforcing its new fall protection standards, as evidenced by a recent crackdown in New York. OSHA cited general contractor Arberia & Associates and subs K&G Haxhari Construction (carpentry) and Mondi Construction Inc. (masonry) for a total of 21 alleged violations of workplace safety standards with $71,340 in total penalties for violations at a Bronx worksite.
OSHA says employees were observed at a construction site working 24 feet above the ground on scaffolds that lacked guardrails. A variety of tripping, electrical, training and other scaffold hazards also were identified at the site.
More like this
- OSHA’s announces Top 10 Violations for 2015
- Fall Hazards, Hazard Communication Lead 2016 OSHA Top Violations
- Illinois roofing contractor that 'continues to ignore' fall protection standards faces $155K OSHA fine
- Ten solutions to common OSHA violations
- Why builders should just say yes to drug testing