Using natural light and environmentally friendly materials are two keys to designing a sustainable home. Also recommended to boost the greenness of a house:
• Use earth-friendly roofing material, like recycled aluminum. This type of roofing option is durable and heat-resistant.
• Look for foam core structural fittings and insulated panels. Quality wood will last longer.
• Install resilient bamboo flooring throughout the home. It’s a fast growing grass that helps the environment. It’s made to withstand staining, termites, and water damage.
• Keep cooled or heated air from escaping when you use double paned energy-efficient windows that feature a certified energy star rating for better insulation.
• For better heating and air-conditioning, mount solar panels on your home. This helps to both enhance the value of your home and also reduce your monthly electric bill.
• Use rainwater barrels and a tankless water heater. This again will help you save a significant amount of money every month.
• A natural gas fireplace is also better for the environment than burning wood.