The 2017 International Builders’ Show (IBS) marks my 26th consecutive year of attendance.
Quiet Living Home
An unyielding respite from the din of uninvited sound
Simple and elegant in its single-story design, the Show Village 2009 Quite Living Home serves as a showcase for products that help reduce noise. One of the fringe benefits of products that make a home quieter is that they also typically serve to make a home more energy efficient.
Home builders who come to visit Show Village 2009 can see a multitude of products that contribute to the silence and energy efficiency of the Quite Living Home. Don't miss these inspiring products:
• Panasonic's Whisper Series of advanced ventilation fans that operate exceptionally quietly and also work to provide a cleaner, healthier home while conserving energy.
• Fiberglass doors from Plastpro, which offer an innovative alternative to the entry door market and feature triple-pane decorative glass for excellent thermal and sound insulation. In addition, insulation within the door provides high R-value for maximum thermal protection and also can serve as a barrier to unwanted outdoor sounds.
• Icynene soft foam insulation that goes into walls, ceilings, attics and floors. The insulation creates an effective air-seal that minimizes air leaks to control moisture, improved air quality, bring energy savings and act as a sound barrier.
• Beam Central Vacuum Systems and Beam HEPA Air Filtration Systems that run quietly and also improve indoor air quality by reducing air pollutants.
Two Ply Gem brands will be used in the Quiet Living Home: Mastic Home Exteriors and MIRA Premium Series windows. Mastic Home Exteriors boasts durable construction and attractive panels that hold their color season after season. Beneath the exterior panels, but still visible via a cutaway view, you'll find Dow's Styrofoam SIS Brand Structural Insulated Sheathing, a three-in-one product that delivers insulation, structural shear bracing and a water-resistive barrier.
Koma Trim Products will provide the exterior trim for the Quiet Living Home. Both interior and exterior paint will be provided by Behr, and Maze Nails holds things together with its versatile line of construction nails.
The decking used for this home comes from TimberTech. Its durable composite decking gives the look of real wood but doesn't require the maintenance of hardwood. In addition, hidden fasteners work to give the look of an indoor floor.
Inside, the home's kitchen will feature the latest line of refrigerator and range appliances from GE Appliances, and LG Solid Source will showcase their countertops. The bathroom will feature bathtubs from Lasco Bathware.
Other interesting and innovative products at the Quiet Living Home include:
• An automatic standby generator from Generac Power Systems. This generator, which automatically turns on to supply continuous power during an outage, is a hands-free backup electrical system that constantly monitors the home's utility power and is fueled by the home's existing natural gas or LP fuel.
• Bora-Care, a borate-based EPA-registered termiticide. Using Bora-Care as a primary termite pretreatment on new-construction homes can earn builders points in green building programs such as LEED for Homes, NPMA Green Home Building and many others.
• Rinnai will have its award-winning, continuous-flow, tankless water heater on display, as well as gas fireplaces.
Go back to Main Show Village Guide