The 2017 International Builders’ Show (IBS) marks my 26th consecutive year of attendance.
Top 5 highest, top 5 lowest mortgage down payments in the U.S. by state
LendingTree.com released data highlighting the average down payments on residential real estate purchases for all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
mortgages, housing market, down payment
With the housing market continuing to struggle and fewer consumers being able to purchase a new home or apartment, LendingTree.com released data highlighting the average down payments on residential real estate purchases for all 50 states and Washington, D.C. New Jersey tops the list with the highest average down payment of 13.71%. The state with the lowest average down payment is North Dakota, where buyers put down an average of 11.34%.
The locations rounding out the Top Five for highest down payments including Washington D.C. (13.5%), New York (13.47%), Hawaii (13.33%) and California (13.22%). The states completing the bottom five are North Dakota (11.34%), Wyoming (11.38%), Oklahoma (11.62%), Tennessee (11.7%) and Iowa (11.71%). Overall, the average down payment for all states is 12.29%.
For the infographic showing the full list of down payments by state and ranking (through Nov. 30, 2011), click here.
More like this
- North Dakota, Minnesota top list of states with healthiest housing markets
- Trouble Saving For A Down Payment? These Cities Offer The Best Low-Down-Payment Real Estate
- The Best And Worst Places To Be A Working Mom
- Hawaii, New York Top States With Highest Closing Costs
- These Are The Cities With The Most Millennial Mortgage Applications