The 2017 International Builders’ Show (IBS) marks my 26th consecutive year of attendance.
Yuma, Ariz., building code effectiveness rating among nation’s best
Grade is shared by just 1 percent of cities across the country
The Insurance Services Office Inc. (ISO) upgraded its building code effectiveness rating for the city of Yuma, Ariz., to a level shared previously by only one other jurisdiction in Arizona and only 1 percent of jurisdictions nationwide. The upgraded Building Code Effectiveness Grading Schedule (BCEGS) went up to a grade of 2. The grading scale is 1 to 10, with 1 being highest; however, few achieve a 1 rating.
More like this
- Pima County, Ariz., officials say improved code enforcement scores will help lower insurance bills
- City of Yuma, Ariz., working to pass new codes including its first energy code
- Has The Unemployment Rate Improved Or Worsened In Your Area?
- Pima County, Ariz., allows tiny homes of any size if they have foundations
- Evanston, Ill., regains favorable insurance rating after improving code enforcement