The beloved architectural style known as Craftsman has undeniably British roots, yet it’s unmistakably American, from Oregon to Alabama to Illinois. Might that explain its enduring appeal?
Yuma, Ariz., building code effectiveness rating among nation’s best
Grade is shared by just 1 percent of cities across the country
The Insurance Services Office Inc. (ISO) upgraded its building code effectiveness rating for the city of Yuma, Ariz., to a level shared previously by only one other jurisdiction in Arizona and only 1 percent of jurisdictions nationwide. The upgraded Building Code Effectiveness Grading Schedule (BCEGS) went up to a grade of 2. The grading scale is 1 to 10, with 1 being highest; however, few achieve a 1 rating.
More like this
- Pima County, Ariz., officials say improved code enforcement scores will help lower insurance bills
- City of Yuma, Ariz., working to pass new codes including its first energy code
- Has The Unemployment Rate Improved Or Worsened In Your Area?
- Pima County, Ariz., allows tiny homes of any size if they have foundations
- Evanston, Ill., regains favorable insurance rating after improving code enforcement