Apologies to Paul Simon, but when I looked at the long list of design ideas I compiled while at the International Builders’ Show in Orlando, I thought I’d try to mention 50 of them—a nice round num
Plan to expand program for rehabbing properties unveiled
Senate Democrats introduced a plan that would expand a housing program aimed at rehabilitating residential and business properties.
Senate Democrats introduced a plan that would expand a housing program aimed at rehabilitating residential and business properties. The measure would expand the Neighborhood Stabilization Plan, and would offer $15 billion in grants for fixing up residential and commercial properties left vacant following foreclosure. It would also increase support for land banks, which work with communities to buy, hold, and redevelop distressed properties.
More like this
- Bill to expand home refinancing program could win GOP support
- Obama’s job-creation bill includes $15 billion for rehabilitation of vacant, foreclosed homes
- Housing Policy: Getting Beyond the Impasse
- 35 moneymaking ideas for 2011
- Senate banking committee leaders reach agreement on plan to abolish Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac