Apologies to Paul Simon, but when I looked at the long list of design ideas I compiled while at the International Builders’ Show in Orlando, I thought I’d try to mention 50 of them—a nice round num
Senate committee struggles to reach agreement on replacing Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
Disagreements arise over regulatory powers and lending in disadvantaged communities, among other issues.
An initiative to dismantle and replace Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in the Senate Banking Committee has stalled. Democrats on the 22-member Senate Banking Committee are divided on issues including lending in disadvantaged communities, big-bank dominance of the mortgage market and the powers of a new regulator.
More like this
- Senate banking committee leaders reach agreement on plan to abolish Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- The Return of Fannie and Freddie
- Revisions to bank mortgage-lending penalty guidelines take effect
- Home Builders to Congress: It's time to make housing and homeownership a national priority
- Payroll tax cut passes; paid for with additional fees for Freddie and Fannie mortgages