The beloved architectural style known as Craftsman has undeniably British roots, yet it’s unmistakably American, from Oregon to Alabama to Illinois. Might that explain its enduring appeal?
Books Worth Noting
Speakers at Professional Builder's 2006 Benchmark conference shared the books they say have driven them to success.
Read up on these books speakers at Professional Builder's Benchmark conference say drive them to succeed:
- The Magic of Thinking Big" by David Schwartz (Simon & Schuster)
- "See You at the Top" by Zig Ziglar (Pelican Publishing Co.)
- "What You Say When You Talk to Your Self" by Shad Helmstetter (Simon & Schuster)
- "Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap ... And Others Don't" by Jim Collins (HarperCollins Publishers)
- "Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies" by Jim Collins (HarperCollins Publishers)
- "Death by Meeting: A Leadership Fable about Solving theMost Painful Problem in Business" by Benchmark speaker Patrick Lencioni (Jossey-Bass)
- "The Power of Nice: How to Conquer the Business World with Kindness" by Linda Kaplan Thaler and Robin Koval (Doubleday)
- "Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap ... And Others Don't"