The year 2016 was an eventful one for home building.
Oakwood Homes, Solar City partner on no-cost PVs for homebuyers
Monthly leasing fee at Oakwood covers installation as well
A partnership between Solar City of San Mateo, Calif., and Oakwood Homes in Denver allows for solar panels on the houses at no cost to homebuyers. Homeowners can cover the cost of the rooftop solar energy systems through a monthly leasing fee while reducing their utility bills. Buyers who opt for solar panels do not require Oakwood to redesign their homes because the partnership accommodates for installation.
More like this
- DOE says ‘Zero Energy Ready’ is best descriptor for ultra efficient homes
- Arizona may impose property taxes on rooftop solar leases
- Economic climate never better for rooftop solar installations
- More than 1 million U.S. homes will have solar panels by February
- Backlash from utilities on rising demand for rooftop solar panels