Apologies to Paul Simon, but when I looked at the long list of design ideas I compiled while at the International Builders’ Show in Orlando, I thought I’d try to mention 50 of them—a nice round num
5 Great Green Building Examples
These homes, chosen by Professional Builder magazine editors, showcase simple ways you can build green.
Building green isn't as hard as you might think. Click on the headline links below to view the showcased projects, chosen by our editors, that feature multiple ways you can build better and build green. Read on! NOTE: Link to each example is from the headline.
- The Hot Seller in Silicon Valley - In this San Jose, Calif. community, solar photovolatic (PV) roof modules come standard.
- Prefab-ulous Green - Here's an example of how modular homes can be a green way to build.
- Project Proves Net-Zero is Attainable - All of the homes in this Roswell, Ga. community are designed to be net-zero.
- Green Builders Lives up to Its Name - An array of energy-efficient features add up to green in this community.
- ICFs Seal this Home for Energy Efficiency - Construction methods, including the use of insulated concrete forms, make this home extra energy efficient.
More like this
- Denver builder, university students deliver net-zero energy home under $200,000
- Great Green: ICFs Seal this Home for Energy Efficiency
- Net Zero Green Builders Unite Under Big Goal
- Debate in the Northwest over how to apply lessons of net-zero construction in codes
- 7 best practices for building affordable green homes