A new ebook is available aimed at providing guidance for “a new era of safe home building in wildfire-prone areas.” The publication, called Enough is Enough, is the work of the National Fire Protection Association and Green Builder Media.
The free publication analyzes post-fire locations of some major fires of the past four years. It includes detailed suggestions and best practices for how to design and build homes based on lessons learned from those tragedies.
Among the topics discussed are:
- The impact of embers and how to design ignition-resistant homes and commercial buildings to stop their ability to spread fire.
- How to use landscape features, and home materials and maintenance to reduce vulnerability to fire.
- Why understanding fire history as well as current risk mapping is important.
- How to rebuild homes after disaster has struck.
- How ignition-resistant homes are the affordable choice for new construction.