This month’s issue includes stories about three unfilled market niches that are significant opportunities for builders: culturally aware housing, live-work housing, and Missing Middle Housing.
Gettin' Lucky: 13 Reasons to Visit Show Village
Here are a handful of reasons — lucky 13! — why you should stop by Show Village this year
Here are a handful of reasons — lucky 13! — why you should stop by Show Village this year:
1. It's a party! Block parties with music, drinks and tours of our modular show homes are held from 4 – 6 p.m. every night of the show.
2. If you're from the Midwest, like us, then it's the dead of winter back home. Trust us, it will feel great to go outside and get a little desert air.
3. It's convenient! The homes — and therefore the party — are located in the outdoor exhibits in the blue lot, which just happens to be right next to the main entrance of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
4. Two words: complimentary beverages. Need we say more?
5. You get a chance to meet the people behind Professional Builder, Professional Remodeler, Custom Builder and Housing Giants magazines. For more on whom to meet, check out “Spotted at Show Village” on the next page.
6. The return of blues guitarist (and custom home builder!) Albert Cummings. Albert and his band have played at Show Village since 2001, so if you've missed them for the last six years, you have another chance!
7. The Learning Center of attention! In addition to the three houses we build every year, we've added a fourth: the Learning Center. Believe us, you do not want to miss these informative educational sessions.
8. It's a unique networking opportunity. What's a better environment to meet new people and expand your business than by relaxing outdoors?
9. Products, products and more products. Icynene, Panasonic, Rinnai and others will be at work in our theme houses and he Learning Center. We don't even have the space to list all the demonstrations and launches you can expect.
10. You can participate in the live version of the Rinnai-sponsored game, “Are You Smarter than a Green Builder?” and maybe win a prize (play the online version at HousingZone.com).
11. You can tour the homes and attend live educational seminars daily. Do you really want to miss them?
12. Try your luck at the “Pop a Shot” contest that will be held at the “playground” of the Learning Center.
13. You have the opportunity to talk to Palm Harbor Homes representatives about purchasing one of these stunningly beautiful homes. After the show, they'll be taken apart and put back together on some builder's lucky lot.
Go back to Main Show Village Guide