Apologies to Paul Simon, but when I looked at the long list of design ideas I compiled while at the International Builders’ Show in Orlando, I thought I’d try to mention 50 of them—a nice round num
Industry groups agree to streamline green building tool coordination and development
The goal of coordination is easier adoption of green building codes and greater incentive for programs like LEED.
Major building industry groups the International Code Council (ICC), ASHRAE, the American Institute of Architects (AIA), the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IES), and the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) have agreed to collaborate on the development of Standard 189.1, the International Green Construction Code (IgCC), and the LEED green building program. The groups aim to create a comprehensive framework for jurisdictions looking to implement and adopt green building regulations and codes and/or provide incentives for voluntary programs such as LEED.
More like this
- ICC, ASHRAE outline roles to consolidate IgCC and 189.1
- Five influential developers unite to streamline green building standards
- International Code Council announces new model green building code
- New IgCC green building code is a?game changer,? AIA official says
- Florida is latest battleground over LEED standards centered on certified wood