With more than 900 exhibitors to see — and numerous events and education sessions to attend — the NAHB International Builders’ Show (IBS) provides plenty of great choices to fill your time in Orlando. Check out these planning tips to make the most of IBS.
Before: Plan Ahead
- Register early. Great deals are still available, including special offers for new NAHB members and first-time IBS attendees. Be sure to buy tickets when you register for special events you may want to attend, which can be found at BuildersShow.com.
- If your schedule allows for it, plan for the full three days of the show. Check out BuildersShow.com for official lodging and travel information.
- Make sure you know what’s happening each day and what you plan to see. The IBS website has tools to help you organize your day, including: Floor plan maps to navigate the show floor; education session search to identify topics, tracks and speakers you want to see; exhibitor search to find the booths you want to visit; and Communities and Centrals to maximize additional education and networking opportunities.
- Download the IBS app to stay on top of the latest updates and map out your schedule in advance.
During: Prep Each Day
- Check out the daily show email before you head out to catch the shuttle services that run to and from NAHB official hotels and the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC). Also tune in to IBStv for the day’s rundown.
- Choose a few education sessions or key events you want to attend, and plan your day around those.
- Stay open to last-minute invitations to events.
- Spend as much time as possible on the exhibit floor between events and education sessions to see what’s new in the industry.
- Check out the official IBS Store powered by BuilderBooks for the latest publications from industry experts.
- Visit the official IBS 2022 show homes, The New American Home and The New American Remodel, to see innovative new products and creative, trend-setting designs.
- And don’t forget to have fun!
After: Follow Up
- Contact new connections and potential business partners to continue the momentum from the show.
- Share the information you learned with your circle of influence to help put lessons learned at IBS into action.
- Make plans to attend IBS 2023.
Not yet registered? Get a jump-start on the planning process and register today at BuildersShow.com.
Your Ultimate IBS Checklist
Make sure you’re prepared for the 2022 Builders’ Show with these key items.
- Comfortable, broken-in shoes — you’ll be doing a lot of walking
- Business cards
- Branded apparel (e.g., polos, pins, etc.) to help your company stand out
- Backpack, carrying case or purse to hold any materials you gather from booths or sessions
- Backup charger/charging cable to stay connected
- IBS app. Tip: Download ahead of time and make scheduling notes, including NAHB meetings for members
- Fitness tracker (e.g., FitBit, Apple Watch, etc.) to track your steps
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- Water bottle to stay hydrated
- Hand sanitizer
- The latest information on health protocols listed on BuildersShow.com/health
The Inefficiencies of the Latest Energy Code
The 2021 edition of the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) hampers the return on investment for builders and homebuyers
The Right Immigration Reform Means More Affordable Homes
A national political stalemate over immigration reform has caused a dangerous ripple effect in housing's construction workforce
National Association of Home Builders Introduces New CEO
A new CEO is poised to take the helm at NAHB starting June 1, 2023