October 16 marks the start of the National Association of Home Builders’ (NAHB) Young Professionals Week, which seeks to connect and engage young home building professionals with learning activities focused on leadership development. This year’s YP Week, celebrated as part of Careers in Construction Month, is packed with educational content and opportunities for networking, mentorship, and career development. This week’s schedule is as follows:
- Monday, Oct. 16: Leaders are Readers. Members will discuss books, podcasts and articles that have inspired YPs to build better businesses.
- Tuesday, Oct. 17: Some Good Advice. Members will share the best advice they’ve ever received and learn from colleagues’ experiences.
- Wednesday, Oct. 18: Mentors Matter. Members can register to be a mentee or mentor, and find a match.
- Thursday, Oct. 19: Climbing the Leadership Ladder. Members can take the next steps with NAHB and apply to become a leader, locally.
- Friday, Oct. 20: Family Friday. Members will discuss the realities of work-life balance while having a family.
Click here for more info about NAHB YP Week.