Apologies to Paul Simon, but when I looked at the long list of design ideas I compiled while at the International Builders’ Show in Orlando, I thought I’d try to mention 50 of them—a nice round num
OSHA enforcing new fall hazard standards
OSHA is enforcing its new fall protection standards, as evidenced by a recent crackdown in New York.
OSHA is enforcing its new fall protection standards, as evidenced by a recent crackdown in New York. OSHA cited general contractor Arberia & Associates and subs K&G Haxhari Construction (carpentry) and Mondi Construction Inc. (masonry) for a total of 21 alleged violations of workplace safety standards with $71,340 in total penalties for violations at a Bronx worksite.
OSHA says employees were observed at a construction site working 24 feet above the ground on scaffolds that lacked guardrails. A variety of tripping, electrical, training and other scaffold hazards also were identified at the site.
More like this
- OSHA’s announces Top 10 Violations for 2015
- Fall Hazards, Hazard Communication Lead 2016 OSHA Top Violations
- Ten solutions to common OSHA violations
- Stiffer OSHA fines put strain on Kansas contractors
- Illinois roofing contractor that 'continues to ignore' fall protection standards faces $155K OSHA fine