Apologies to Paul Simon, but when I looked at the long list of design ideas I compiled while at the International Builders’ Show in Orlando, I thought I’d try to mention 50 of them—a nice round num
Top 10 Issues for Builders
In the year that has passed since I left my corporate haven to become a consultant exclusively for residential home builders...
In the year that has passed since I left my corporate haven to become a consultant exclusively for residential home builders, I have been amazed that each client, regardless of size, thinks its problems are unique.
The reality is that you are not alone. We all struggle with the same issues. The difference is in the execution.
My top 10 home builder issues:
10. Enterprisewide software evaluation/implementation
9. Leadership development
8. Cost/budget management
7. Employee development
6. Employee turnover
5. Vendor/supplier performance
4. Customer satisfaction and referral rate
3. Process improvement/ change initiatives
2. Cultural transformation and integration
1. Business growth, organic and/or by acquisition
All involve people-related challenges. Even No. 10 depends on people's willingness to standardize and change. So don't underestimate your people initiatives.
Bill Carpitella can be contacted at email@example.com.