The imperatives for the future of quality management include
1. Driving strategic quality at both corporate, industry, and national levels
2. Defining and promoting leadership principles founded on the principles of quality
3. A focus on quality culture its values and principles
4. Reviving systems approaches to strengthen integrated management systems and interdisciplinary functioning
5. Leveraging quality culture, principles and tools to help achieve and provide a leadership role in social responsibility.
(Quality in the 21st Century, The Future of Quality, Denis Leonard)