KB Home is the first Giant to work with the NAHB Research Center to implement the National Quality Certification Program on a national level, after successfully implementing the pilot program in Las Vegas as the prototype for the company's nationwide rollout. The program requires all subcontractors to become certified via a thorough educational NAHB program.
High ratings. In 2005, KB Home Nevada maintained its top three ranking in customer satisfaction among Las Vegas homebuyers for the third consecutive year for J.D. Power and Associates' New Home Builder Customer Satisfaction survey. The ranking was based on responses from more than 73,300 homebuyers of new homes in top markets for rating 10 areas, such as customer service and home readiness. Overall, KB Home receives the highest ratings in price/value and builder's design center.
Compared to other builders in the Las Vegas region, KBHN scores high in three areas of customer satisfaction: quality of workmanship and materials; price and value; and home design. KBHN also conducts regular surveys of its homebuyers to determine their customer satisfaction throughout the home buying experience.
In action. Efforts to execute customer-focused principles at KB Home Nevada include:
- “Say Yes” customer service philosophy includes working with homeowners at the local level to resolve concerns quickly
- Conducts three formal meetings with the homeowner:
- Pre-construction meeting with the superintendent before construction begins
- Pre-drywall orientation at the home mid-way through construction
- Homeowner Orientation once construction is completed
- a “Community Team” dedicated to each home including construction, sales, and customer service representatives for frequent updates and walk-throughs during each construction phase
- In addition to third-party inspections, a “Q-10” 10 point quality inspection process on every home includes inspections at pre-start, structural, utility, pre-drywall, pre-paint and final phases, plus a “Community Team Walk” by the team
- Provides a 10-Year Limited Warranty