Low-E Windows Blamed For Fires In North Carolina

Printer-friendly version

One resident says sunlight reflecting off a neighbor’s new energy-efficient window is caused a fire in her yard

April 21, 2017

Photo: Max Pixel

Energy-efficient, low-e windows are being blamed for starting fires in North Carolina.

One North Carolina resident says security cameras filmed her yard smoking at first, and then flames appeared. The fire raced across her yard and surrounded a propane tank. Sunlight reflecting off a neighbor’s new energy-efficient window is suspected to be the cause of the blaze. The North Carolina Building Code Council considered the matter at a recent hearing.

Read more

 

Comments on: "Low-E Windows Blamed For Fires In North Carolina"

June 2017

This Month in Professional Builder

Features

Fiber cement, vinyl, and brick are the top choices for buyers...

Overlay Init