Currently Reading

More Buyers than Average Are Purchasing Suburban Properties

Advertisement
Market Data + Trends

More Buyers than Average Are Purchasing Suburban Properties


November 25, 2020
Suburban street view in Gainsville, FL
Photo: SeanPavonePhoto

The shift from urban centers to less dense areas continued on through October, according to the National Association of Realtors (NAR). For those who closed a sale for an existing home in October, 85% were properties in either the suburbs, a small town, rural area, or resort area. The remaining 15% were for properties in a central city/urban area. This is a 5% uptick from the benchmark average of 80%. The share of existing homes sold in suburbs or small towns were 80% in February of this year as well. 

Thirty-one percent of respondents also reported that compared to January 2020, they have more clients who live in the city who want to purchase a property in the suburb.

Apple® Maps Daily Mobility Trends Report Show More Mobility and Traveling in Smaller Cities and Counties

There are several indicators that point to the rise of the suburbs and small towns, for now. A daily indicator that points to the greater economic activity arising from greater mobility is the Apple® Maps Mobility Trends index. The index is based on request for route changes relative to January 13 (base= 100). 

Read More

 

Related Stories

Market Data + Trends

Existing Home Sales Soared in 2020 Despite Record Low Inventory

Existing home sales hit a 14-year peak in December, with a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 6.76 million units closed. If housing inventory…

Market Data + Trends

Not All Buyers Want More Space—Tiny Homes are Steadily Rising

Larger suburban homes are not the only housing type seeing an influx of interest during the pandemic. Tiny dwellings are popping up for sale or…

Market Data + Trends

Many New-Homes Can Be Just as Affordable Long-Term as Older Homes

Homeowners who may have a higher mortgage due to purchasing a new home still pay the same first-year costs of ownership as a homeowner of an older…

Advertisement
Advertisement

More in Category




Advertisement
Advertisement

Create an account

By creating an account, you agree to Pro Builder's terms of service and privacy policy.


Daily Feed Newsletter

Get Pro Builder in your inbox

Each day, Pro Builder's editors assemble the latest breaking industry news, hottest trends, and most relevant research, delivered to your inbox.

Save the stories you care about

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet lorem ipsum dolor sit amet lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

The bookmark icon allows you to save any story to your account to read it later
Tap it once to save, and tap it again to unsave

It looks like you’re using an ad-blocker!

Pro Builder is an advertisting supported site and we noticed you have ad-blocking enabled in your browser. There are two ways you can keep reading:

Disable your ad-blocker
Disable now
Subscribe to Pro Builder
Subscribe
Already a member? Sign in
Become a Member

Subscribe to Pro Builder for unlimited access

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.