Apologies to Paul Simon, but when I looked at the long list of design ideas I compiled while at the International Builders’ Show in Orlando, I thought I’d try to mention 50 of them—a nice round num
Trulia: Home prices, rents rise again in August
For the seventh straight month, asking prices on for-sale homes showed an increase in August, rising 2.3 percent year-over-year according to the Trulia Price Monitor.
Trulia, Price Monitor, Rent Monitor, August, 2012, turnaround, Las Vegas, Tucson
For the seventh straight month, asking prices on for-sale homes showed an increase in August, rising 2.3 percent year-over-year according to the Trulia Price Monitor. Excluding foreclosures, prices were up 3.8 percent.
On a regional basis, Trulia reported the price of for-sale homes increased in 68 of the nation’s 100 largest metros, headed by Phoenix; prices there were up 24.2 percent from last August. The greatest change was seen in Tucson, Ariz., and Las Vegas, both of which showed gains in August despite posting price drops in the previous quarter.
The top 10 include:
- Phoenix — 24.2 percent
- Cape Coral-Fort Myers, Fla. — 16.5 percent
- Warren-Troy-Farmington Hills, Mich. — 10.4 percent
- West Palm Beach, Fla. — 10.4 percent
- Tucson, Ariz. — 9.9 percent
- Miami — 9.6 percent
- Denver — 8.9 percent
- San Jose, Calif. — 8.6 percent
- Orlando, Fla. — 8.6 percent
- Las Vegas — 6.9 percent
While rents rose more than twice as much as home prices at 4.7 percent, this is down from May’s rate of 5.8 percent. Year-over-year, Houston was first on the list with an 11.2 percent jump; Seattle was close behind at 10.4 percent.
The full top 10 includes:
- Houston — 11.2 percent
- Seattle — 10.4 percent
- Denver — 9.9 percent
- San Francisco — 9.7 percent
- Miami — 9.7 percent
- Oakland, Calif. — 9.7 percent
- Boston — 8.7 percent
- Philadelphia — 8.6 percent
- Portland, Ore.-Wash. — 7.5 percent
- New York, N.Y.-N.J. — 6.6 percent
To read the full Trulia report, click here.
More like this
- Price increase for condos and apartment rents outpace single-family homes
- Trulia report: Asking prices flatten in May, up for the quarter
- Jobs drive home price gains more than rebound effect
- 10 metro areas with the largest April home price increases
- Florida boasts six of top 10 metro areas with greatest home price increase