To make your website a sales magnet, here's what to include
Last fall my wife and I purchased a new home. While researching the market in the city we would be moving to, we became so familiar with every home available with our desired traits (there were hundreds) that my wife merely said “can you believe that color green they chose in their owner’s bath,” and I knew the exact home she was talking about—down to the street name. Suffice it to say we were obsessed.
But what to put on your website? What to leave out? What's too much, and what's not enough? Content creation isn’t easy, and often people tell me that they don’t know what to talk about, take more pictures of, etc. To help you out, we’ve put together a list of more than 25 ideas to get you started.
- Minimum of 20 photos of each home (30+ ideal)
- Photos of each kitchen in four different color / option combinations
- Updated renderings or photos of every elevation
- Minimum of 15 photos of each community
- Intro / walk-through video of every home design
- Intro video for every community
Text that tells a story:
- What does it feel like to live in that floor plan
- What does it mean to live in that location?
- What might be a “typical” weekend?
As well as:
- Testimonial video for each community
- Testimonial video for each home design
- Video of the selection process
- High-resolution photos of all available finishes (close up)
- HOA documents for every community
- Section for community newsletter to be uploaded
- Searchable location map
- Photo of the view from each home site
- Video overview of each key supplier / manufacturer
- Listing of the 10 most popular selections / options
- Listing of awards won (with descriptions)
- Video answers to common questions by OSC
- Featured businesses (employees that purchased)
- Your New Home Owner Book in PDF form
- Exterior color visualization tool
- 2-minute spotlight videos on employees / roles
- “Exploded” photos that show standard details
- Detailed warranty / manuals section
- Fully tagged and searchable photo galleries (not just a page or two)
- Paint colors of every room from photos
Remember that your best prospects become obsessed about you and your homes. Don’t encourage them to continue looking for another builder or existing home that gives them more of what they want to see. Your competition is only a button click or finger touch away. Want more help in filling your site with great sales content? Check out this recent story.