The kitchen and bathroom remodeling business has grown into a $134 billion industry and is not showing any signs of slowing. One in 10 households undertook a kitchen remodel or replacement project during 2015, indicating growing interest in upgrading this heavily-traveled room.
With the spring season a popular time for renovations, now is the time to meet with your clients to map out a kitchen and bathroom refinement game plan. Here are a few ideas to keep in mind when planning:
1. Paint can revive any kitchen or bathroom and set the tone for the rest of the remodel, bringing excitement and new energy at the start of the remodel process. The BehrPRO Paint line is an excellent choice to achieve the best quality and durable results for on-trend colors like whites and grays, and other alternatives too.
Help your clients find their preferred paint color with The Home Depot’s Project Color app. This app will allow you to see, match or find the perfect color for the kitchen or bath. Take a picture of an item like a favorite lampshade or a neighbor’s painted wall, and the app will provide a close match of the desired color for use in your home.
2. Granite and quartz countertops remain popular upgrades for the modern kitchen. While granite tends to cost more on average to implement, it also achieves a look that stands out. If your clients have a white kitchen, add contrast and make a statement by installing a backsplash. Consider a floor-to-ceiling backsplash for a custom look, or incorporate colored grout for an eye-catching appearance that is both on-trend and easy to maintain.
3. Revamped cabinetry and vanities can make a unique stamp in highly-frequented kitchens and bathrooms. An excellent way to increase the value of the home, there are plenty ways to update and upgrade these complementary items without completely replacing them.
Replacing old hardware can make a world of difference. This can include exchanging knobs for pulls on kitchen cabinets, with models such as the Liberty Satin Nickel Davidson Cup Pull or Liberty Silverton Polished Chrome Cabinet Pull guaranteed to perform. You also can give outdated cabinets new appeal by modernizing with hinges and soft-close/doors and drawers , and repainting or refacing with a new stylish veneer.
Cabinets can help save space and maximize storage. Shaker wall cabinets are becoming more popular for kitchen remodels, due to its clean lines, classic appeal and recessesed center panel. Medicine cabinets are your best bet for extra storage space in the bathroom.
Work with your clients to identify similar refinements to the vanity. Vanities from brands like Hampton Bay and Glacier Bay are fully assembled, easy and efficient to install, and can add new life to the bathroom with minimal time and effort required. The Home Depot’s vanity configurator is the best way to achieve crafted, customized cabinetry. From selecting the cabinet and countertop style to entering the configurations, homeowners can easily achieve their desired look.
4. Upgrading fixtures to include the latest advancements is another perfect opportunity to wow clients. Homeowners can skip going to the spa and now create their own spa-like experience in their bathroom.
Sustainable and visually appealing, Water-Sense certified products can conserve water and save your clients money in the long run. Models like the Glacier Bay Aragon Tub and Shower Faucet and Dual Flush Toilet are practical and highly efficient. Smart amenities like the Delta Temp2O LED Digital Temperature Hand Shower also add functionality by providing an accurate display of the temperature, ensuring a perfect shower experience each and every time.
For the kitchen, a new faucet will add personality and perform with accuracy. The American Standard Fairbury Kitchen Faucet accommodates all dishware, and can be turned on and off at a preferred temperature without having to readjust the handle position.
5. Finally, more owners are introducing flooring elements from across the home into the bathroom. Consider upgrading outdated flooring patterns with fresh tile. Remodelers are now incorporating non-traditional geometric shapes, rather the standard square and rectangle tiling, in newer homes. Help your clients tell a creative story and add new texture and definition to the kitchen or bathroom.
There are endless opportunities to help clients fall in love with a new kitchen or bathroom. From a small paint job to a complete overhaul, anything is possible to help your client’s achieve their dream kitchen or bathroom this Spring season.