The 2017 International Builders’ Show (IBS) marks my 26th consecutive year of attendance.
Net Positive Energy + Water is latest green certification standard
Creators hope to improve upon net zero standards
The advancement of sustainable construction has reached a new milestone with the development of Net Positive Energy+Water, a new green building certification standard that aims to improve net zero approaches to energy and water conservation. “We shouldn't have as our end point some point that doesn't do anything. We need to be regenerative and have a net positive [effect] on life,” said Jason McLennan, Living Building Challenge founder.
More like this
- Yudelson: 2013 will see big growth in zero-net-energy buildings
- JUST label aims to assess social justice on building material manufacturers
- WaterSense, Sustainability Part of Policy Modernization Act
- Off-grid housing village will be completely self-sufficient, producing its own power and food
- DOE says ‘Zero Energy Ready’ is best descriptor for ultra efficient homes