Pro Builder's annual Housing Giants report ranks the nation’s home building companies by revenue, number of closings, type, and location of homes built. This year, 259 number U.S.-based home building firms participated in the Housing Giants report. Data for our Housing Giants charts is based on information supplied by the respective firms. Firms are asked to verify the accuracy of their data.
U.S. Home Builder Rankings by 2020 Revenue and Closings
Housing Giants Rankings by Types of Homes Built
- Top 50 Single-Family Detached Home Builders
- Top 25 Multifamily Home Builders
- Top 20 Rental Home Builders
- Top 35 Starter-Home Builders
- Top 20 Active Adult / Retirement Home Builders
- Top 10 Vacation / Second-Home Builders
- Top 45 First Move-Up Home Builders
- Top 30 Second Move-Up Home Builders
Housing Giants Rankings by Region
- Middle Atlantic
- South Atlantic
- New England
- West North Central
- East North Central
- West South Central
- East South Central
READ THE ARTICLES IN THE 2021 HOUSING GIANTS REPORT
New and old challenges confronted the housing industry in 2020, and it may never be the same.
You still need a checkbook, but for home builders finding and acquiring land also requires planning, perseverance, and thinking outside the box.
Never before have home builders had to navigate a market where houses are pre-selling fast while the cost of so many resources is rising and so many supplies are constrained at the same time.