Tools and technologies are introduced every day that can help you do your job more efficiently.
Show Village 2012 Preview: 3 distinct model homes for today?s market
Now in its 13th year, Professional Builder’s Show Village is the premier show-home exhibit at the International Builders’ Show. This year, Show Village features three distinct models aimed at very different buyers — a net-zero-energy cottage for resort and guest-house clients; an infill duplex for urban and dense-suburban buyers; and a Cape Cod-inspired house for traditional families.
Show Village 2012 Preview: 3 distinct model homes for today’s market
3. Infill Duplex
Single-family attached living comes to Show Village with Palm Harbor’s Infill Duplex model. Designed to work in any infill application, including coastal, this modular product can be built at grade level or elevated and finished with a variety of elevation styles.
The floor plans shown are designed for a potential owner resident who wishes to live in one half of the duplex and rent out the remaining unit. The owner-occupied side has two master suites for shared ownership or roommate accommodations, geared to reduce living costs or maximize revenue.
“The entire approach allows the owner to live in a higher-end location than they otherwise would be able to afford,” says Michael Wnek, senior VP with Palm Harbor Homes. “Both plans offer a very social environment, with the kitchen opening up to both the living room and the den. It also emphasizes a neighborhood connection via both front and rear porches.”
Show Village Model #3
- Model name: Infill Duplex
- Modular manufacturer: Palm Harbor Homes
- Size: 3,472 sf (first floor: 1,736 sf; second floor: 1,736 sf)
- Dimensions: 31 feet, 6 inches wide by 68 feet deep
Sponsors – See the latest building products installed and in action from these premier sponsors:
- Arauco USA: Siding, Interior Trim
- Access Lighting: Lighting
- GAF: Roofing
- Icynene Inc.: Insulation
- Kimberly LED Lighting: LED Lighting
- Kohler: Faucets, Sinks
- Litex/Ellington: Ceiling Fans
- Maze Nails: Nails
- Nissan: Trucks
- Nisus Corporation: Bora-Care with Mold-Care
- Nyloboard: Decking
- Panasonic: Ventilation Fans
- Royal Building products: Exterior Trim
- Sprint: Direct Connect
- Sterling: Tubs/Showers, Toilets